Monday, September 15, 2008

Larry and His Sweet Sister, Janice















I would like to introduce you to Janice L Brooks, Larry's younger and only sister.

He does not have a brother and he does love Jan.

She came down Wednesday from Brentwood Tennessee to spend a couple of days with Larry.

She has not seen Larry in about 3 years and wanted to come.

Of course she is welcome to come any time.

We love her dearly and she is a blessing to us.

She is ____ years of age. About 1 year and 3 months younger than Larry. I cooked a wonderful meal for her birthday and we had a little get
together with the children while she was here to celebrate.
They were both in the band all through high school and were loved by all.

She was my Maid Of Honor when Larry and I got married.

In my eyes she has not changed at all.

Still as pretty today as she was 43 years ago.

We had a great time Janice and we are looking forward to having you again, soon I hope.

I will share a few more pictures of them before I go.

I pray that all of you will have a wonderful week-end and let's remember to pray for all the people in Texas, La. & Ark.

I know that all those who have left there homes during this time of bad weather are wanting to get back but I also know that it would be dangerious for them to return before they say it is OK.


Love you,
Maw Maw Birt

This is when we were getting ready to eat.
Roast, carrotts, potatoes, green beans, garden salad and yeast rolls.




























This is Janice with our dog, Dollie, Then Janice with Bruce being funny.


He has always says that Jan was his fiance so he went out and bought a candy ring and got on his knees to ask her to marry him. They are a riot.














5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Janice
I'm so glad you all had such a lovely visit with Bro. Larry's lovely sister. The meal looks yummy. I everyone is doing great.
Love you. Lisa

Starla said...

Hello, I've been reading Kristi's blogs for awhile and I decided to come over and visit your blog. I love the photos. And I thought it is just wonderful that you have a great relationship with you sister-in-law.

Dianne said...

I enjoyed seeing the pictures of Larry and his sister, Janice. She is a very attractive lady.

Thanks for stopping over at my blog today,nanny. I have entered you in my giveaway and will come back to read more as time will allow.

I appreciate every new visitor that I get and am always happy to read the comments that I receive.

I hope that you will be able to come again.

Blessings,
Dianne

Nanny said...

Dianne,
thanks for such a quick response.
It was really nice getting to know you.
Larry's sister is a lovely lady and we enjoyed having her so much.
Have a great evening and visit my weight warriors blog if you get a chance.
I try to update daily if possible to let everyone know how I am doing.
Please pray for me as I try to do this.
Love in Christ,
Nanny or Janice

Unknown said...

Just let me start by saying how honored I am that you took time to visit me (via my blog) and even left a comment! So I had you going too with those photos huh? Glad you enjoyed your visit with me.
I enjoyed the family photos here. It's always evident on Kristi's blog that y'all are a very close family who believe in having fun, and the same evidence shown through here in this post.

Roast, potatoes, carrot, rolls - all part of my favorite meal! Mom always made that meal for visiting preachers! God bless!