Thursday, October 16, 2008

Birthday

Hello,
What a day I had on my 60th. birthday.
My very good friend Kelly got me a beautiful pocket book, 2 books and some stationary. She is sooooo sweet. Thank you Kelly. The little children in Kelly and my Sunday School class made me birthday cards and sent them home to me on Sunday. I was hurting so bad on Sunday morning that I had to take 2 pain pills and go back to bed so I missed the children that morning. Kelly, would you please thank them for me when you guys meet this Sunday morning.
I am not able to climb the stairs at this time so Mrs. Kelly is doing the teaching by herself and taking care of the class. I do thank God for her. She is a very special person and I love her dearly.
My Secret Pal got me for my birthday, a beautiful Teal jacket and matching necklace. For my anniversary she got me a night gown that I really love.
Kristi's family got me a pair of beautiful soft PJ's, a pair of pink house shoes and some nice undies with a beautiful card.
John and Jenny got me a beautiful Noah's Ark, 14 c/gold bracelet and beautiful card.
Larry got me 2 bottles of Estee Lauder Perfume, "Youth Dew" it is my favorite, the new free gift that came with that and 3 new movies. Not to mention the beautiful cake that Amy Cook made for me. I collect Tea Pot's and the cake had a tea pot on top of it that she did with her own little hands. Amy you did such a wonderful job and the cake was delicious. I also want to thank you for the time I know that you put into this beautiful cake.The leaves all around the bottom of the cake were very special to me. I love the fall leaves and I love to go to the mountains this time of the year. Due to my hip I was not able to go but Amy brought the mountains with the beautiful leaves to me. Thank you again and I love you dearly.
My sister-in-law sent me money and of course that is always nice. :} :}
Last night at church I got some Room Fragrance that you put sticks into the bottle for 30 minutes then turn them upside down and boy does it smell good. Thank you Amanda and girls for that wonderful gift. It is funny because I did not get a good look at it at first and I thought it was perfume. She let me know what it was and I thank her for that. It is great.
I have also received many beautiful cards and phone calls from so many and I thank you for that.
Well, I am going to close for now and change my sheets on my bed and try to get that room done today.
Take care and remember to pray for me as I get ready for my hip replacement on November 3rd.
Love in Christ,
Nanny

4 comments:

Meghan said...

The seventh child in the picture was Logan Cline from church. I watch him some on the weekdays. We will be sure to pray for you and your upcoming hip surgery. We love you!

~Meghan

MRS.PALM PRETTY said...

hello, i was thinking of you on your big day!!!! i see that you were very blessed with a great birthday!!! you do not look 60, although i know you may feel sometimes like you are 60 plus some...haha... seriously, we hope u had a great day, and we are praying for your upcoming surgery that it will help your problem you have been burdened with for so long!!!! we love u and your family so much... pray for us as we will be praying for you... love,dana

Kristi said...

Mom, I'm glad you had such a wonderful day. You deserved it!

Love you,
~Kristi

Unknown said...

I love your new hair style dear Janice. I have to agree with Dana you really do not look 60. I hope you and your sweetie have a great weekend
Love -n- Hugs. Lisa