Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Surgery

Good morning,

Today I am 60. I was going to say a young 60 but that would be a big fat lie. :} :}

It is good to be alive.
While having my devotions this morning I came across a verse that I know I must have read many times and it just reached out and grabbed me this morning.

In Thessalonians 2:4, But as we were allowed of God to be put in TRUST with the GOSPEL,

I cannot believe that I missed this verse. To think that someone like me who does not deserve God's love would put His word in my trust. What a responsibility for me to have.

I pray I will use this trust wisely and not take His word for granted.

Along with my devotions I read some thing that Joe Aldrich wrote and I quote, "My hands must needs be busy Lord," and indeed her hands were as she had 9 children, She was washing, ironing, cooking, feeding, bathing ,correcting cleaning, chauffeuring and shopping."

Are our lives much different today? Sometimes we don't confess to God like we should because there is no time for quiet handed meditation. So like mother we pray "In the midst of busyness, keep within my heart a quiet place."

"Hands in the dishwater...talking with God.
Folding clothes...talking with God
Waiting on the phone...talking with God
Driving the car...Talking with God"

There is really no excuse for us not having that one on one with the Lord.

Let us also remember to tell others what God has done for us and what He can do for them too.

Well, I pray that your day will be a good one and that you will have that wonderful fellowship with the Lord. He loves you and wants you to talk with him today and He will talk back if you listen.

Love you,
Nanny

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

~*Happy Birthday*~ Maw Maw!!!

Kristi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!!!

I love you so much!!!!!!!!!

~Kristi

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday, Mrs. Birt!!

I hope you have a very blessed day!

My momma just turned 61 on October 7th.hehe

Love Ya,
Kim

~Tammy~ said...

I'm here from Kristi's blog to wish you a very Happy Birthday!
:D

Cassidy Lynn (: said...

Happy happy BIRTHDAY Mrs. Birt :)

Cassie Hendrick

Lori said...

Happy Birthday! I'm visiting from Kristi's blog. I enjoy reading your blog.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Dear Janice. I loved you post.Love you. Lisa

Meghan said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. Birt! We love you!

~Meghan

Susan said...

Happy Birthday and God Bless.