Monday, October 13, 2008

Sunday

Hey to all,
Sunday was a very good day if you went to church!!!!!
If you did not go you really missed a blessing.
Larry went Sunday morning and we both went Sunday night.
My hip was hurting so bad when I got up I had to take some medicine and went back to bed. It was not much better Sunday evening but I needed to go for my own spiritual needs. "Which are many."
I won't be long today as my Doctor's appointment is at 2:20 with Dr. Hayes to get my exact date of the surgery.
I may have mentioned this is a previous blog, I will be staying at Kristi's when I get out of the Hospital.
They are so gracious to have me and help take care of me so that it is not a burden on Larry having dialysis 3 days a week and then for Krisit so that she will not have to leave her home and come to my house.
I love visiting with this sweet family.
To be able to go into their home is such a blessing. You never go in unless you are greeted with BIG smiles from all of them and you get BIG bear hugs from everybody. There is always christian music in the back ground and some times you can't always hear it because of all the laughter and talking from everyone.
All the children are so talented.
Hannah plays the piano. "I think she still does." It is very hard to get her to play for me. But when she gets started she is such a blessing to hear. She plays very well but I think she is a perfectionist and she does not like to make mistakes. She also plays the piccolo and flute. Sings like a little bird.
Then there is Justin. Where do I begin. The trumpet, bass guitar, fiddle, harmonica, regular guitar, the bass and wanting to learn to play the piano. He also sings with the Son's Of Faith.
Last but not least there is Harrison. He does not play an instrument yet but he is a ladies man. I think every little girl in our church loves Harrison. I guess he takes after his sweet daddy. He is most definitely a ladies man. "I am referring to Harrison, not Bruce."
They are normal brother's & sisters and they have their times of not agreeing with each other but you can sure tell there is a lot of love between these siblings.
Church was wonderful last night. I am so glad that I got to go.
First thing that was such a blessing was to walk into the church doors and there stood brother Jr. with his grandson. That was an answer to prayer. He is such a sweet young man. We have missed him a lot and through much prayer he was able to come back with his grandpa. That in itself was a blessing.
Then to be greeted by so many of my loved ones. I am talking about my christian family. They are just wonderful.
When Larry came home yesterday his arms were loaded with gifts from my Sunday School class and then my Secret Pal. Things for my birthday and anniversary.
Boy was I surprised. It was such a blessing. These sweet little children got me cards they made in class with Mrs. Kelly's help. That was so sweet of you Mrs. K. and I thank you for that.
I got a book "Secrets Of Wisdom From Mother's Heart." Written by Joe Aldrich.
I started reading it last night and could not hardly put it down. What a blessing I was getting out of some of the things that this sweet mother use to say and do.
She had so many children and went home to be with the Lord when she was a young mother.
Her daughter was a senior in high school when her mother went home to be with the Lord.
She went to the University of Washington and graduated from Biola College.
She had 9 children and wanted all of them to be saved at an early age and grow up loving and serving the Lord. Even though her life was short of this earth she left her children with a wonderful heritage from the Lord and all of them are in full time christian service.
Her mother felt that being a mother was and I quote,
"The high holy calling of motherhood is one of the most challenging assignments on the face of the earth. It is a sacred trust, a commitment to use every means possible to help each child grow up loving Jesus and embracing His agenda for life."
What an example she left for her children. Surely these children rose up early in the morning and called her blessed.
They never had a TV in their home and the only music in their home was gospel music.
Their parents intentionally chose to make the godliness of their children of highest priority. "Joe Aldrich." 1998
What else could you say when it comes to Godly parents.
Well enough for today.
I will share more with you later on in the week's to come.
I must go and get my bath and get dressed so that I will smell good for all those people who will be around me. :} :}
Love you all,
Nanny

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I wanted to wish you a very Happy early birthday dear Janice. I will be praying for you. Love and hugs. Lisa