Monday, September 29, 2008

memories

Hello Friends,
Well, here it is Monday morning and I am so blessed with my Church and my wonderful Christian friends.
We had 2 wonderful meetings at our church yesterday, but I must say that last night was a treasure for me.
It started when the choir sang "I am Glad I got lost so I could be found that wonderful day."
My oh my, how the Lord let me see back over 35 years ago when I was such a sinner running from God.
For months before my salvation I would go out to pay bills or to the grocery store and end up coming back with hives, crying and being a nervous wreck by being afraid that someone was going to shoot me. Imagining a sniper with a gun on top of a building some where going to shoot me. I would end up coming home getting nothing done because I was afraid that it would happen and I would go to hell.
God continued to deal with my heart but I would not listen to him.
One night our son John got really sick and had to be taken to the hospital.
They ended up putting him in and of course he was put in an oxygen tent. Very Very ill.
I was there all night and all morning when I decided to go home and freshen up and clean my house a little then go back to the hospital.
While on the way back to the hospital I had to cross over a very large bridge called the 21st. street bridge. The Lord spoke to my heart and said Janice, one of these days you are going to wreck and will go to hell. What I did was laugh and say ,"NOT ME LORD, NOT JANICE BIRT."
Well I went on to the hospital and stayed for a while longer and was on my way home across that same bridge and fell asleep behind the wheel.
I hit an oncoming car at 70 miles an hour and it took me down a bank toward Lake Erie. Now the only thing that stopped the car from going into Lake Erie was a guard rail that know on knew was even there, "NO ONE EXCEPT GOD THAT IS."
I woke up 5 days later after being in a coma all that time. A doctor was to arrive that day to operate and releave some of the fluid that was on my brain from the wreck. Of course they had only given me 25% chance to live and my entire family was there. Over 50% of the bones in my body were fractured. GOD IS GOOD ALL THR TIME!
When I woke up my mother was at the foot of my bed and my brother John was standing beside me crying. I remember patting him on the hand a saying, "Don't cry John, sissy is going to be alright."
Then my mother started crying and ran out of the room to go and get the doctor.
Of course things started getting better but it would be a long time before I would get to go home.
The accident happened on March 3, 1970. While still in the hospital on April 2, 1970 God spoke to me in the quietness of my room at 9:30 P.M. and I cried and ask him to forgive me, a sinner and come into my heart.
Well, He did and today I am still His and will be until He calls me home.
Thank you God for saving a poor lost sinner like me.
Now I have not always lived to please the Lord but my goal is to be more like Him each day and that needs to be worked on every day by walking, talking and reading His precious word. Why He loved me so I will never fully understand, but since he does I will try to honor him and praise him until he calls me home.
Well, that is all I have to say at this time. I will tell you what happend the next day when I have a little more time. Maybe tomorrow or even sometime today.
The journey gets sweeter and sweeter as the days go by. Maybe not without pain, some heartache or even struggles from every day life. The wonderful thing about all those things is to remember that He said. He would never leave us nor forsake us. Thank you Lord.
Love,
Nanny

4 comments:

Starla said...

Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed it!!!!

GRANDMA'S KITCHEN said...

Your testimony was a wonderful blessing! thank you for sharing it with us. God has done wonderful things through your life lived for Him. connie

Unknown said...

Dear Janice
Thank you for sharing your testimony, it is a Blessing to me.
God Bless you always.
Lisa

Susan said...

Your testimony was a blessing.God is good.May God Bless you and your family.