Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My Sweet Husband


Hello to all,
This is Wednesday evening and we should be getting ready for church but we are not able to make it tonight.
I have really hurt myself today by all the things I tried to do before Friday and it was just way to much for me.
I may not be able to go back to work at all. Continue to pray about this with me and Larry.
Larry and I were sitting at the table this evening eating dinner and I said something to Larry and I thought he could not hear me. Well being the soft hearted person I am, I started crying. I was thinking to myself,
"Here is a wondrful man that I have been married to for almost 43 years and since he retired from the Gaston County Police Dept. he has lost his hair, his teeth are bad, his eye sight is going and now his hearing is gone."
I looked at him and said, while crying now, honey you use to be such a strong vibrant man and now so many things has gone wrong.
Well, he started laughing and said
"I thought you were crying because you were missing your mother again."
When I looked at his face and saw him laughing I got tickled and started laughing myself.
He is a wonderful man and I love him dearly. He can find something funny in everything.
We will celebrate our 43rd. wedding anniversary the 22 nd. of this month. Is not that great. I love him more today than I did 43 years ago if that is possible.
When I said those words, TO LOVE, HONOR AND OBEY AND IN SICKNESS AND IN HEALTH UNTIL DEATH DO US PART, I truly meant every word.
It has not always been a bed of roses but God has brought us through a lot of ruff times as well as good times. The good times always out weighing the bad times.
Well, I am closing for now. Please have a good evening and may God bless each of you that serve Him.
Love in Christ,
Nanny

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mrs Janice
I think you and Bro. Birt make such a lovely couple. I hope you both are having a great day.
Love from all of us.
The Peelers~