Wednesday, October 22, 2008

What a day

Hello there,
What a day that Larry and I had today.
It began when Dolly came and jumped on the bed at 3:30 am this morning and wanted to go out.
Well I took her out and came back in and went back to sleep after about an hour.
Larry had to get up at 4:45 to go to dialysis.
Then I got up at 8 to get ready to go to the hospital.
Larry got here about 10:15 and got dressed and we left about 20 till 11. I had to be there at 11 so it was a very close call.
My dear sweet husband who had dialysis this morning took me to the hospital and pushed me in the wheel chair all over the hospital.
First I had to sign in. After signing in he whelled me to the lab where they took 5 viles of blood. Then they had to have a urine spec., then he wheeled me to have an EKG then on for a chest xray then back to the Lab to meet with the Joint Academy nurse Sherry who will be the one taking care of me after the surgery and then I finally met with Dr. Hansman who told me everything looked OK.
Now I ask him if I could have a spinal block and he said yes. Then I ask him if I would be alseep when they did the cutting and he said, do you want to be asleep and I said yes then he told me I could not have the spinal. Boy was I sad. I really did not want to wake up in all that pain but I guess I will.
Now all this was done with a lot of waiting in between and we were so tied when we finally got out of there and got home about 3:30 or 4:00. I could not but help thank the Lord for my home. There is no place like home.
Things are set for Nov. 3rd. which I think all of you know. The time should be at 1:00 unless there is a cancelation which I hope there will be.
Continue to pray for me. I am starting to get the willies in my tummy.
Love to all,
Nanny
I know that God is already there and will take care of me. I just can't stand what I will wake up to.

3 comments:

CNA Momma said...

Maw Maw,
I love you and am praying for you. I know you both must have been tired after your day. How did Paw Paw do all that walking? It is hard for him to do anything after dialasis.
I spent the day yesterday with sweet little Marigrace and Michelle at the hospital. I have some pics on my blog.
Abigail is kissing the screen to send you kisses. SHe lave Maw Maw Birt.

Unknown said...

Dear Janice
I'm glad all your tests came back OK. Sorry you cound not have the spinal Tap. I always dread being put to sleep but God is in control and know lots of people will be prayering for you. Love and prayers.
Lisa & Family

TO BECOME said...

Dear Janice, I am praying for you and Larry. I know all will be well and prayfully it want be as bad as you think afterwards. Pray you do well and recover quickly. God bless and keep you safe. connie from texas