Monday, November 3, 2008

Tody is the day

Good morning,
Today is my big day.
I need to be at the hospital at 10:00 sharp.
Surgery is to be at 1:00. I am praying that if it is the Lord's will that they will come for me EARLY so that I am not just laying around thinking about it.
I will be driving over to Kristi's and she will continue on to the hospital with me.
I love having her around always but especially in times like these. She is a precious daughter and I love her dearly.
Carris Grigg a man in our church gave me a track yesterday morning titled, "Guidelines for a Successful Surgery." Boy was it good. It gave me scriptures from God's word. Scriptures for, Before Surgery, During Surgery and After Surgery. Now I have read these verses over and over and over again and I understand them so very much. But I must say that they have even become more dear to my heart today.
Before Surgery:
Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee; be not dismayed; for I am thy God; I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
Psalms 27:14
Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart; wait, I say on the LORD
During Surgery:
Philippians 4:6 & 7
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God, and the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
After Surgery:
Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as yea have; for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary, and they shall walk, and not faint.
Psalms 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in
him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth ; and with my song will I praise him.
Psalms 4:8
In God have I put my trust; I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.
Psalms 56:3
What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.
Psalms 28:6
Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
Well, that is all I have time for now. I must go and get a shower and wash my hair. I also want to run the sweeper and make my bed.
Come on girls you know how it is when you leave home for a few days. You want it to look nice for when you come back or someone drops in. :} :}
I love all of you and keep us in your prayers.
Love to all,
Nanny

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Hi mom! Everything is going to be fine. Remember...God is already in the operating room!

Love you,
~Kristi

MRS.PALM PRETTY said...

mrs.janice,chris and i are praying for you today.... my only regret is that you are not having your surgery at my hospital:( if you were i would be taking care of you because you would be on my floor:0)
lol,lol....anyway, everything will be fine, and remember who holds your hand!!!! we love you, dana and chris

Unknown said...

Mrs Janice
I have been praying for you today.I will be checking back to se how things went. Love you. Lisa

HorsePal said...

Dear Mrs. Birt,

You are so in our prayers over here and we love you so much. I know everything will go great today and I pray you have a good recovery too. You are such a Blessing.

Love In Christ,
The Romero Family

GRANDMA'S KITCHEN said...

I am so thankful that all went well in your surgery. Hope to see you up and around as soon as you can. Still praying for you.

Ps.Wish I could have been at your yard sale.lol connie

TO BECOME said...

Dear Janice, Hope you are healing very quickly and feeling better each day. You are in my prayers, Just wanted to stop by and say, hello and let you know that I am praying for you. connie

Anonymous said...

Nanny,
I believe I need to apologize for a mean spirited comment I left a while back aimed at a comment of yours. I truly am sorry and guess I have no explanation except it was mean and nasty.

I have been inspired by your daughter Kristi on her blog.

I am so sorry you had to go through a hip replacement. I am a nurse and know how painful those joint replacements are and how much work the rehab is. I sincerely hope you feel better each day. Again I am sorry, I am praying for God to help me with my temper.

Marcia