Thursday, November 13, 2008

Finally Home

Hello to all my wonderful friends,
I am now at Bruce and Kristi's home and resting well.
We got here about 3:00 or so and Hannah had her room all ready for her grandmother.
She had clean sheets and I have 4 pillows that I brought from home so I am set.
Kristi had a most wonderful dinner tonight. She is keeping me on my new eating habbits. In other words, I am on a STRICKED diet.
Now what I had tonight I could eat that way all the time.
She had oven baked chicken without the skin, potatoes, green beans cooked without bacon grease and fruit cocktail and a wondrful glass of cold ice water. Boy was I full when I finished. It was wonderful.
I had the most wonderful nights rest last night. The first time in almost
2 full weeks. When I woke up it was 4 am and I was so rested. They helped me to the bathroom and gave me my pain pills and then I went back to sleep until 6:30.
The doctor came in and looked me over and then told me I could go home. What a wonderful blessing that was to hear.
When Kristi picked me up we stopped by Rite Aid and dropped off my perscriptions and then she drove me over to the house to pick up a few things. Of course I did not get out of the car but my sweet little Dolly came out to kiss her mommy. She is such a sweet little dog.
Larry came over and had dinner with us tonight. It was so good just sitting down at the table together as a family and have prayer together and eat as a family.
I would like to take this time to thank all of you for your wonderful prayers for me before the surgery, during the surgery and since the surgery. God has heard all your prayers.
I love each and every one of you and pray that God will watch over each of you.
I count the days until the next time we can meet together as God's children.
Continue to pray for me and for Kristi's family as they help me get back on my feet.
Pray for Larry as he is a lonely little man without his wife at this time.
Of course he can come over anytime he want's to. His little girls are always happy to see their daddy and grandpa.
Love and prayers,
Nanny

9 comments:

Nanny said...

Marcia,
Thank you so much for your comment that you left.
I think about you often and maybe some day we will meet.
The surgery went well and I am now over at Kristi and Burce's to recover.
It was very hard on me but God Is Good All The Time.
I love you in the Lord,
Nanny

Cassidy Lynn (: said...

Mrs. Birt,
So glad to hear that you are feeling better lately. I'm sure Mrs. Kristi & Bro. Bruce will take wonderful care of you! =)

Love you,
Cassie Hendrick

CNA Momma said...

Maw Maw,
We are so glad to hear you are at Kristi's. I know they will take much better care of you than the Rehab center;) We love you! Abby sends kisses and Naomi wants to come see you soon.
Love,
Tammy

MRS.PALM PRETTY said...

hello, i am so glad you are out of rehab!! i know you will have great care at kristi's...and your own personal nurse,hannah!!! if you need anything,please call me..love ya,dana

Mishel said...

So glad you are on the road to recovery. The dinner Kristi made sounds wonderful!

Continuing to pray...

Nanny said...

Hello Cassidy,
Thank you so much for your prayers.
I am looking forward to seeing all of you soon I hope.
Love you,
Maw Maw Birt

Nanny said...

Hello Tammy,
Good to hear from you.
Give the children a hug and kiss for me.
A visit would be fine after I can get settled.
Today is a very busy day for us.
The nurse will be here at 11:00 and at 10:30 the nurse will be here and at 12 we leave to have my stitches taken out. A big day for me but more so for Kristi as she is getting ready to go to the grocery store.
Love you,
Maw Maw Birt

HorsePal said...

Dear Mrs. Birt,

Your Post made me cry. I'm so thankful you are doing better now and I'm so thankful Kristy can take care of you. We missed you at the ladies meeting!! You are so in our prayers and I can't wait till you can come back to Church!!

Love & Prayers,

The Romero Family

Unknown said...

Dearest Janice
I am so happy you are able to be with Kristi and those that love and will take great care of you.I will continue to pray for you.
Love, hugs & prayers. Lisa